Octoly is looking for an Account Executive to own the full sales process including prospecting, discovery, scoping, negotiation, and closing. Your prospects will be marketers at D2C brands across skincare, color cosmetics, accessories, home goods, fashion, and lifestyle verticals.
You should be adept at presenting (in person and via video conference) to large groups, navigating procurement and legal review processes, as well as collaborating with the Account Management team for upsells and ongoing relationship management. You are someone who can quickly build rapport, ask thoughtful questions, and get to the business motivation behind a demo request. Through experience and genuine interest, you have a thorough understanding of the digital marketing landscape, social media, influencer marketing, and brand building. You know the difference between in-house creative and UGC, and you can explain what EMV means to your grandma in a way that makes her understand it.
What You Will Do:
• Own your book of business, opening and developing new business opportunities, demoing the platform, and closing contracts that are win-wins for both client and Octoly.
• Become an expert in identifying the challenges our customers face when doing influencer and consumer seeding at scale; demonstrate how Octoly can overcome those challenges and help achieve customers’ goals.
• Build a deep understanding of the Octoly product, value, market, and competitive landscape.
• Accurately manage your forecast to ensure quota attainment.
• Stay on top of industry trends, both the eCommerce space and also relating to your target verticals.
• Provide and receive feedback from teammates and managers with an open mind.
• Build and maintain strategic relationships with clients and agencies from daily user to CMO.
• Be a positive contributor to our stellar sales (and general office) culture.
• Offer creative insights and problem-solving to all of the above on a consistent basis.
Who You Are:
• 3+ years of closing experience in selling a SaaS marketing product directly to brands
• Proven track record of building pipeline and exceeding monthly and quarterly quotas
• Strong understanding of digital marketing and eCommerce landscape, including value propositions like increasing engagement, reach, EMV, interactions, conversion, AOV, etc.
• Superior organizational skills; you are a follow-up machine (without sending “just checking in!” emails) and never let anything fall through the cracks - leads, emails, opportunities to surprise and delight
• Experience using standard sales tools like MixMax, Zoom, LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, etc.
• Process-oriented - not only adept at keeping Salesforce up-to-date, but understand why it’s crucial
• Team player: coachable, collaborative, thoughtful, and resourceful
This position will be based in our NY Soho Office and report directly to the VP of Operations and Marketing.