Account Executive / Account Director
Octoly is a platform that connects brands with our community of influencers and consumers to create authentic and engaging content. We work with some of the top beauty and lifestyle brands around the world. Learn more at www.octoly.com
Octoly is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to ensure all people feel supported and connected at work.
Octoly is expanding our sales team. We are looking for an Account Executive or Account Director to help scale our growth outside of the beauty category. You will own the full sales process including prospecting, discovery, scoping, negotiation, and closing. Your prospects can include marketers at D2C brands across CPG, wellness, home goods, fashion, and lifestyle verticals.
You should be adept at presenting to large groups, navigating procurement and legal review processes, as well as collaborating with the Account Management team for upsells and ongoing relationship management. You are someone who can quickly build rapport, ask strategic questions, and get to the business motivation behind a partnership. Through experience and genuine interest, you have a thorough understanding of the digital marketing landscape, social media, influencer marketing, and brand building. You are versed in influencer content basics such as UGC and EMV.
What You Will Do:
• Own your book of business, opening and developing new business opportunities, demoing the platform, and closing contracts that are win-wins for both client and Octoly.
• Become an expert in identifying the challenges our customers face when doing influencer and consumer seeding at scale; demonstrate how Octoly can overcome those challenges and help achieve customers’ goals.
• Build a deep understanding of the Octoly product, value, market, and competitive landscape.
• Accurately manage your forecast to ensure quota attainment.
• Stay on top of industry trends, in both the digital marketing space and as well as your target verticals.
• Build and maintain strategic relationships with clients and agencies from across all levels.
• Be a positive contributor to our stellar sales team and positive office culture.
• Offer creative insights and problem-solving to all of the above on a consistent basis.
Who You Are:
• 3+ years of sales experience within SaaS marketing/product, influencer marketing, sampling/e-Commerce and/or media.
• Proven track record of building pipeline and exceeding monthly and quarterly quotas.
• Strong understanding of digital marketing and eCommerce landscape, including value propositions like increasing engagement, reach, EMV, interactions, conversion, AOV, etc.
• Strong organizational skills; you have consistent thoughtful follow-up and never let anything fall through the cracks - leads, emails, opportunities.
• Experience using standard sales tools like MixMax, Zoom, LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, etc.
• Process-accountable. Adept at building Salesforce pipeline and keeping opportunities up-to-date.
• Team player: coachable, collaborative, thoughtful, and resourceful.
This position will be based in our NY Soho Office (we are currently working virtually) and report directly to the VP of North America.